The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination programme has substantially reduced the risk from severe Covid-19 in the UK. It's safe, effective and gives you the best protection against coronavirus.
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine click here or visit GOV.UK website.
In line with national guidance, you can now receive the Covid-19 vaccination if you are:
- people aged 16 and over – you can walk-in or wait to be called by your GP
- anyone aged 18 or over does not need to wait to be called and can book an appointment on the NHS booking site here or can walk in to one of our clinics in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin see our walk-in page.
- eligible children aged 12 to 15 can now get vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are at increased risk from COVID-19, or if they live with someone who is severely immunosuppressed. Parents and carers of eligible children aged 12 to 15 will be contacted by a local NHS service such as a GP or hospital.
- people at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- people who live or work in care homes
- people health and social care workers
- people with a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- people with a learning disability
- people who are a main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus
If you are in any of these groups you can book your appointment at a vaccination centre or a pharmacy that provides COVID-19 vaccinations via the online National Booking Service or call 119.
Alternatively, you can wait to be contacted by the NHS or walk-in to one of the pop-up or walk in clinics.
The priority groups are set out in the advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Where can you get vaccinated?
We are delivering the vaccine in vaccination centres, pharmacy services and local vaccination services across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. These include:
- Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre – Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road SY1 4RQ
- Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital – Gobowen, Oswestry SY10 7AG
Local vaccination services (appointment managed by GPs):
- Bridgnorth Medical Practice, Northgate, Bridgnorth WV16 4EN delivered by GPs in the South East Shropshire Primary Care Network (PCN)
- Malinslee Healthcare Centre, Farm Lodge Grove, Telford TF3 2HN delivered by GPs in the Teldoc PCN
- Church Stretton Medical Practice, Easthope Road, Church Stretton, SY6 6BL delivered by in the GPs South West Shropshire PCN
- AFC Telford United, the Bucks Way, Wellington TF1 2TU delivered by Wellington Pharmacy
- Bicton Heath Shopping Centre, Welshpool Road, Shrewsbury SY3 5AD delivered by Bicton Heath Pharmacy
- Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ delivered by Woodside Pharmacy
- Turreff Hall, Donnington, Telford TF2 8HG delivered by Donnington Pharmacy
- Beacon Community Centre, Longslow Road, TF9 3BN delivered by Trentham Road Pharmacy
Book these sites via the National Booking Service or call 119.
For more information about the vaccine, please visit www.nhs.uk, read the FAQs or view the patient information on the following topics;
- Why do I have to wait
- COVID-19 vaccination guide for adults leaflet – new version 4 for Phase 2
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination leaflet – new version for Phase 2
- COVID-19 vaccination – a guide for those currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- A guide for healthcare workers
- A guide for social care workers
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Blood Clotting
- COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting collection
- COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting – patient guide
- COVID-19 vaccination easy read
- Translated versions of the patient information leaflets
- Coronavirus vaccines explained in Sylheti, Gujarati, Tamil, Urdu and Punjabi
- Information about vaccines: For people with a learning disability and autistic people
- Reasonable Adjustments When Having the Vaccine
British Sign Language materials:
- COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for older adults – BSL video
- COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination in BSL
- COVID-19 vaccination: women of childbearing age, currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding BSL video