Your local NHS is delivering the biggest vaccination programme in its history. Everyone has an important part to play to help us with this programme of work
- The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. They will give you the best protection against coronavirus.
- It’s never too late to get the Covid vaccine. It’s safe and effective, but speak to your GP if you have any concerns.
We understand a lot of people want to be vaccinated and we would like to reassure you this will happen. Please be patient and wait to be contacted. For further information on why you are being asked to wait for your COVID-19 vaccine, please read the information on the GOV.UK website or this leaflet.
In line with national guidance, you can now receive the Covid-19 vaccination if you are:
- aged 18 or over
- at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- have a learning disability
- get a Carer’s Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you’re a carer
- are a frontline health or social care worker
If you are in any of these groups you can book your appointment at a vaccination centre or a pharmacy that provides COVID-19 vaccinations via the online National Booking Service or call 119.
Alternatively, you can wait to be contacted by the NHS.
Where can you get vaccinated?
We are delivering the vaccine in vaccination centres, pharmacy services and local vaccination services across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. These include:
- Telford International Centre - St Quentin Gate, Telford TF3 4JH
- Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre – Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road SY1 4RQ
- Ludlow Racecourse - Bromfield, Ludlow SY8 2BT
- Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital – Gobowen, Oswestry SY10 7AG
Local vaccination services (appointment managed by GPs):
- Bridgnorth Medical Practice, Northgate, Bridgnorth WV16 4EN delivered by GPs in the South East Shropshire Primary Care Network (PCN)
- Malinslee Healthcare Centre, Farm Lodge Grove, Telford TF3 2HN delivered by GPs in the Teldoc PCN
- Church Stretton Medical Practice, Easthope Road, Church Stretton, SY6 6BL delivered by in the GPs South West Shropshire PCN
- AFC Telford United, the Bucks Way, Wellington TF1 2TU delivered by Wellington Pharmacy
- Spring Lamb, Shrewsbury Road, Oswestry SY11 4QA delivered by Day Lewis Pharmacy
- Bicton Heath Shopping Centre, Welshpool Road, Shrewsbury SY3 5AD delivered by Bicton Heath Pharmacy
- Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF7 5QZ delivered by Woodside Pharmacy
- Turreff Hall, Donnington, Telford TF2 8HG delivered by Donnington Pharmacy
- Beacon Community Centre, 12 Drayton Grove, Market Drayton TF9 3AD delivered by Trentham Road Pharmacy
Book these sites via the National Booking Service or call 119.
For more information about the vaccine, please visit www.nhs.uk, read the FAQs or view the patient information on the following topics;
- Why do I have to wait
- COVID-19 vaccination guide for adults leaflet – new version 4 for Phase 2
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination leaflet – new version for Phase 2
- COVID-19 vaccination – a guide for those currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- A guide for healthcare workers
- A guide for social care workers
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Blood Clotting
- COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting collection
- COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting – patient guide
- COVID-19 vaccination easy read
- Translated versions of the patient information leaflets
- Coronavirus vaccines explained in Sylheti, Gujarati, Tamil, Urdu and Punjabi
- Information about vaccines: For people with a learning disability and autistic people
- Reasonable Adjustments When Having the Vaccine
British Sign Language materials:
- COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for older adults – BSL video
- COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination in BSL
- COVID-19 vaccination: women of childbearing age, currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding BSL video