For the latest information on coronavirus visit:
- For specific local information about the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, please click here
- You can also visit the UK Government website for the latest information about the Coronavirus Vaccine.
Covid-19 Testing Information:
What to do if you think you have coronavirus
If you have any of the following symptoms, you must get a test and self-isolate:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You should not go to your GP, pharmacy or hospital. If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do. You can also call NHS 111 direct.
Where can I go for testing?
If you have coronavirus symptoms, you should get tested. All testing sites operate on an appointment only basis – please do not attend without an appointment. Appointments can be booked via the NHS online booking system or by calling 119.
When booking, you will be shown a list of the nearest places to go for your test. The COVID testing window in England is now eight days. This means you will need to get the test done in the first eight days of having coronavirus symptoms.
Everyone who is showing coronavirus symptoms is eligible to book a test to find out if they have the virus.
You can get a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms
- for someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms
- for yourself, if you’ve been told to have a test before you go into hospital eg for surgery
When to apply for a test
If you have coronavirus symptoms, you need to book a test immediately. You need to get the test done in the first five days of having symptoms. If you don’t have symptoms, you can only get a test if your hospital, GP or local council has told you to get one.
Book a Home Test
If you ask for a home test kit, this will be delivered to your home.
You’ll need to do the test and return it within 48 hours so that the test results are accurate. You will be given instructions on how to take the test at home once you book for one.
Book a Drive-Through test
If you book an appointment you will be notified to go to a mobile testing unit (MTU) in:
Telford & Wrekin drive through only:
- Randlay Valley Car Park,TF3 2DW
- Iron Bridge park and rideTF4 3QE
Shropshire drive through only:
- Wem Swimming & Lifestyle Centre Car Park,Bowens Field, Wem,SY4 5AP
Book a Walk-Through test
Telford and Wrekin walk-in test centres:
- Harper Adams UniversityHarris Overflow Car ParkTF10 8NB
- WellingtonWrekin Road Car ParkTF1 1YZ
- DonningtonDonnington Wood Bowling Club,TF2 8HU
- OakengatesThe Place Car ParkTF2 6EN
- MadeleyLegges way car parkTF7 5UD
Shropshire walk-in test centres:
- London Road Car Park,Shrewsbury,SY2 6PG
- Beatrice Street Car ParkOswestrySY11 1QW
Lateral flow testing:
In line with Government guidance, lateral flow testing for people without symptoms is now available free-of-charge twice a week across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin;
People can pick up testing kits from a variety of locations to take home, they can do the test on site or they can order a kit for home delivery;
- More information about locations in Shropshire can be found here.
- More information about locations in Telford and Wrekin can be found here.
- For the latest information on Government testing and how to book a test, please click here.