Your local NHS is delivering the biggest vaccination programme in its history. Everyone has an important part to play to help us with this programme of work
- The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. They will give you the best protection against coronavirus.
- It’s never too late to get the Covid vaccine. It’s safe and effective, but speak to your GP if you have any concerns.
We understand a lot of people want to be vaccinated and we would like to reassure you this will happen. Please be patient and wait to be contacted. For further information on why you are being asked to wait for your COVID-19 vaccine, please read the information on the GOV.UK website or this leaflet.
In line with national guidance, you can now receive the Covid-19 vaccination if you are:
- aged 38 or over
- at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- have a learning disability
- get a Carer’s Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you’re a carer
- are a frontline health or social care worker
If you are in any of these groups you can book your appointment at a vaccination centre or a pharmacy that provides COVID-19 vaccinations via the online National Booking Service or call 119.
Alternatively, you can wait to be contacted by the NHS.
Where can you get vaccinated?
We are delivering the vaccine in vaccination centres, pharmacy services and local vaccination services across Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. These include:
- Telford International Centre
- Ludlow Racecourse
- Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre, Sundorne Road
- The Robert Jones Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Park Lane Centre, Woodside delivered by Woodside Pharmacy, Telford
- AFC Telford United, Wellington delivered by Wellington Pharmacy
- Donnington Pharmacy
- Day Lewis Pharmacy at Spring Lamb, Oswestry
- Bicton Heath Pharmacy
- Beacon Community Centre Market Drayton, delivered by Trentham Road Pharmacy
Local Vaccination Services (appointments managed by GPs):
- Bridgnorth Medical Centre being delivered by GPs from the South East Shropshire Primary Care Network (group of local GP practices)
- Malinslee Healthcare Centre being delivered by GPs from the Teldoc Primary Care Network
- Severn Fields Medical Practice delivered by GPs from the Shrewsbury Primary Care Network
- Prees Medical Practice delivered by GPs from the North Shropshire Primary Care Network
- Church Stretton Medical Practice delivered by from the GPs South West Shropshire Primary care Network
- Audley Court (veterans’ mental health charity Combat Stress) delivered by GPs from the Newport and Central Primary Care Network
- Wellington Medical Practice delivered by Wrekin from the Primary Care Network
Book these sites via the National Booking Service or call 119.
For more information about the vaccine, please visit www.nhs.uk, read the FAQs or view the patient information on the following topics;
- Why do I have to wait
- COVID-19 vaccination guide for adults leaflet – new version 4 for Phase 2
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination leaflet – new version for Phase 2
- COVID-19 vaccination – a guide for those currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- A guide for healthcare workers
- A guide for social care workers
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Blood Clotting
- COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting collection
- COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting – patient guide
- COVID-19 vaccination easy read
- Translated versions of the patient information leaflets
- Coronavirus vaccines explained in Sylheti, Gujarati, Tamil, Urdu and Punjabi
- Information about vaccines: For people with a learning disability and autistic people
- Reasonable Adjustments When Having the Vaccine
British Sign Language materials:
- COVID-19 vaccination: a guide for older adults – BSL video
- COVID-19 vaccination: what to expect after vaccination in BSL
- COVID-19 vaccination: women of childbearing age, currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding BSL video