About the course
This venepuncture/phlebotomy training will enable participants to develop the theoretical and practical skills required to gain competence in venepuncture/phlebotomy.
The workshop incorporates theory and simulated practice.
You will return to your practice area to gain your full competency within a three month period.
- Objectives and definition
- Guidance for venepuncture
- Anatomy and physiology
- Choosing sites for venepuncture
- Blood collection devices
- Collection of venous blood samples
- First Aid and needlestick injury
- Competency framework
You must have access to a Mentor in Practice who will support you to gain the competency. Participants should have had some clinical/patient experience.