About the course
The update covers all the requirements that are set by the NHS Cervical Screening Programme to ensure that the sample taker has met the guidance for continuing to take samples. The half day will cover all the changes that are taking place in cervical screening and the impact this has on women, the practitioner and the laboratories. After completion of the Update the delegate will have up to date information about the changes that are taking place in cytology screening to enable them to be proficient in taking cervical samples and giving information to women.
- Half-day session (delivered via MS Teams)
- Discussion of the screening programme
- Influences in uptake of women
- Prior notification lists
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to sample taking and possible findings
- Cervical cancer
- HPV and its impact on care
- Responsibilities of the sample taker
- Female genital mutilation
- Understanding test results.
For more information, please click here
Nursing staff and Doctors who have completed their cytology training and who require the three-yearly Update. Prior to attendance the delegate is requested to review their last 20 samples taken to determine adequacy of their sample taking and to highlight any issues to discuss.