In Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin you will be invited to attend an appointment at a GP surgery, a Vaccination Centre, or in some cases, a Hospital Hub.
All vaccinations are by appointment only. People who are eligible for appointments will receive letters from the NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Booking Service, telling you how to book an appointment. You may also be contacted by your local GP practice. Please do not contact your GP practice or local hospital if you haven’t received an invite yet.
If you have been sent an invitation letter, please bring this with you as we will need your NHS number in order to update your record. Please note, some GP practices may not send a letter.
If you are a frontline worker, please bring your staff identification.
You are asked to attend your appointment alone unless you require a nominated carer for medical reasons. Please do not bring any other family members or friends as they will not be offered the vaccine or be able to wait in the centre.
Please be aware people who turn up at vaccination services without an appointment, who are not identified in the four top priority groups and do not have a letter or staff identification will be turned away.
Although we have measures in place to keep you and our staff safe, please wear a face covering when attending your appointment. It is also advisable to wear loose clothing as the vaccination is given in your upper arm.
The video below shows what happens at a typical vaccination appointment at Telford International Centre:
The video below shows what happens at a typical vaccination appointment at Shrewsbury Indoor Bowls Centre Vaccination Centre:
The video below shows what happens at a typical vaccination appointment at Ludlow Racecourse Vaccination Centre:
The video below shows what happens at a typical vaccination appointment at Robert Jones Agnus Hunt Vaccination Centre:
Watch the video below to hear from one of our Covid-19 vaccinators, Gemma. Gemma is a registered nurse and has taken time out of her normal role to help support Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin vaccination programme as a vaccinator.
Help us to help you:
- Please don’t contact your GP practice, the wider NHS or any of the community venues to seek a vaccine until it’s your turn;
- Please attend your booked appointments;
- Please do not arrive too early for your vaccination appointment to help us maintain social distancing;
- Please continue to follow all the rules to control the virus and save lives.
- The vaccine is given in two doses. If you have had your first jab, you will be contacted about getting your second. Appointments will be held 12 weeks apart, based on updated guidance from the UK’s Chief Medical Officers.
- The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and it will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus. So, it is important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.